I opened the Bingley Physiotherapy Practice in 2008, and since then I’ve been lucky enough to be joined by a great team of physiotherapists.
I love my job! I’m truly passionate about getting people back to fitness, enabling them to live without pain. It’s a privilege to have a positive influence on how my clients progress to full fitness, and the job satisfaction is huge when I know I’ve made a difference to someone’s quality of life.
I am one of fewer than 150 physiotherapists in the UK, and one of only two in Yorkshire, (Katie being the other one!) to have completed a 10 month post graduate series in the Integrated Systems Model (ISM) and Thoracic Ring Approach, with two world renowned international physiotherapy lecturers and clinicians – Diane Lee and Dr. Linda-Joy (LJ) Lee from Canada. Links to both.
This incredibly successful style of physiotherapy forms the lynch pin of our movement-based treatment approach – focusing on what really matters to each individual.
Although we don’t have any magic wands, this approach consistently delivers fantastic results, and my clients often tell me I can get them better where others haven’t.
In my sporting life
Married with two boys, we lead a pretty hectic life. When I’m not running the boys around to all their sporting and music activities, I like to try to keep active myself. I took up triathlons four years ago, and I cycle every week with Julia. In 2013 we did the Coast-to-Coast bike ride with my husband Paul. I also love to ski!
When I do get an opportunity for some precious downtime, I enjoying watching movies and reading. I’m also on the committee of Leeds Bradford Triathlon Club again this year.
Some of my qualifications
I’m a firm believer in continuing professional development, to stay on top of the latest techniques in physiotherapy and pain management, which means I can give my clients the very best treatment available.
- Bsc (Hons) Physiotherapy, First Class Honours, University of Bradford
- The Sports Pelvis – the role of the pelvis in recurrent groin and hamstring problems
- Discover the Role of the Thorax in Whole Body Function
- Recent Advances in the Diagnosis & Treatment of Spinal Disorders
- Restoring Form and Function of the Abdominal Wall after Pregnancy
- Cycling Injuries and their Prevention
- K-Taping therapy – Accredited K-Taping therapist
- Myofascial Release
- An Integrated Approach for Restoring Function & Relieving Pain – The Series
- ACPET Study Day – Exercise Programme Design & Client Motivation
- Muscle Energy Technique – Cervical Spine & Thoracic Outlet
- Mobilisation of the Nervous System
- Muscle Energy Technique – Lumbar Pelvis Sacrum
- Golf Seminar – English Golf Union
- Management of Knee Injuries and Osteoarthritis
- Kinetic Control – Diagnosis of Mechanical Dysfunction & Stability Retraining of Hip & Lower Limb
- Kinetic Control – Understanding Movement & Function Concepts