I’m the Practice Manager at The Bingley Physiotherapy Practice, which means I arrange everyone’s appointments and generally make sure everything runs efficiently. I work closely with Jacqui, Katie, and Matthew to continually improve our services and develop the business for our customers.
I’m also a qualified personal trainer and a rowing coach at Bradford Grammar School, which I love. Giving people the opportunity to participate in this minority sport, and helping people to identify and then achieve their goals, whether specifically for rowing or for wider health and wellbeing, is what I enjoy most about the job.
Seeing athletes and clients I have coached and trained achieve their goals, or win a race, is very rewarding!
In my sporting life
I’ve been a member of the Bradford Amateur Rowing Club for 20 years, and have been privileged to hold a number of positions on the committee including Captain and Development Manager.
Cycling is another great hobby – Jacqui and I enjoy a regular weekly bike ride out in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside. We’ve completed the Great Yorkshire Bike Ride and cycled coast to coast from St. Bees to Tynemouth over three days, and we’re always on the lookout for a new challenge!
I also enjoy hill-walking, and am proud to say I’ve walked the memorable and beautiful Pennine Way.
Some of my qualifications
I’m an avid learner! These are just a selection of my skills and qualifications:
- BSc (Jt Hons) Mathematics with Business Management & Administration
- UKCC (UK Coaching Certificate) Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Rowing
- UKCC Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning
- Premier Training & Development Fitness Trainer Award
- Good Practice & Child Protection
- How to Coach Disabled People in Sport
- Fitness & Training
- Equity in your Coaching
- FUNdamentals of Movement
- Long Term Athlete Development
- Sport England Running Sport Courses